These nineteenth century mines were re-opened in 1950 by the Wicklow Mining Company Ltd. A gravity mill was erected at Foxrock to treat the ore in 1953 and in 1956 a Canadian subsidiary, St Kevin’s Lead and Zinc Mine Ltd., was brought in to provide an extra financial and technical impetus. The enterprise was short lived and the mines closed in 1957.
Vendor: Glens of Lead
Size: 919.8 KB
Maps purchased here can only be viewed in the Avenza Maps app on iOS and Android.
Get the app. Get the map. ®