This lead mine, named after a former penal colony (modern day Tasmania) due to its remoteness, was developed in 1867 by the Mining Company of Ireland (1824-1890) and connected to the dressing floors at Glendalough by an inclined tramway. The extant remains of buildings include the waterwheel casement and winding platform, Mine Agent’s cottage, a small cobbled dressing floor and an ore bin.
Vendor: Glens of Lead
Size: 768.6 KB
Maps purchased here can only be viewed in the Avenza Maps app on iOS and Android.
Get the app. Get the map. ®