The Hero Mine was opened in 1827 by the Mining Company of Ireland (1824-1890). In 1833, New Hero was opened across the valley and the Hero dressing floor developed to separate the lead ore raised in this valley from its waste rock, in preparedness for smelting. The Hero dressing floor displays all the major stages of ore reduction. It is a superlative example of a nineteenth century dressing floor and is of significant national heritage value.
Vendor: Glens of Lead
Size: 1.2 MB
Maps purchased here can only be viewed in the Avenza Maps app on iOS and Android.
Get the app. Get the map. ®