Now known as the ‘Miners’ Village’, this group of buildings was actually part of the dressing floors of the Glendalough and Van Diemen’s Land mines. Built in the mid-1850s by the Mining Company of Ireland (1824-1890), lead ore was brought down on inclined tramways to be processed here in order to separate the valuable ore from the waste rock to prepare it for smelting.
Vendor: Glens of Lead
Size: 1.0 MB
Maps purchased here can only be viewed in the Avenza Maps app on iOS and Android.
Get the app. Get the map. ®