T.O. Fuller State Park was the first state park open for African Americans east of the Mississippi River. A Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) camp in the area initiated construction of the park facilities in 1938. It was designated Shelby County Negro State Park in 1938 and was later changed to T.O. Fuller State Park in 1942 in honor of Dr. Thomas O. Fuller, a prominent African-American educator, pastor, politician, civic leader and author, who spent his life empowering and educating African Americans. Dr. Fuller served as principal of the Howe Institute, a precursor to Lemoyne-Owen College, for 27 years.
Price: $ 0.99 USD
Vendor: TN State Parks
Primary Category: Recreation
Secondary Categorization: Parks
Size: 7.6 MB
Maps purchased here can only be viewed in the Avenza Maps app on iOS and Android.
Get the app. Get the map. ®