Located on wooded, sandy knolls, Wharton Brook offers solitude for a quiet, peaceful picnic. In 1918-1920, this Park was known as a traveler's wayside; motorists could stop to have their cars serviced and enjoy a quiet picnic lunch. The park was the forerunner of the rest areas developed by the State Department of Transportation. In 1918 Wharton Brook was established as a park.
Vendor: State of Connecticut DEEP
Primary Category: Recreation
Secondary Categorization: Parks
Size: 1.3 MB
Maps purchased here can only be viewed in the Avenza Maps app on iOS and Android.
Get the app. Get the map. ®